Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!
There are 0 players online
play.thesquadmc.net

Weekly Update #5 - NEW SPAWNS, PERKS & FRIENDS (16/02/18)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by ConstructorLeo, Feb 17, 2018.

1. ConstructorLeo

ConstructorLeo Management Manager

[​IMG]
    Hey everyone,

Welcome back to another weekly update, and boy is this an exciting update! BUT, before we get into this Weekly Update, lets introduce our NEW COMER! Please welcome Curtis to the Management team, just like Resilience and myself, he will be working on all the new updates, fixing bugs and more. Be sure to give him a warm welcome.

Also keep in mind the 65% Flash Sale ends soon, take advantage now! (https://store.thesquadmc.net/)

We have all sorts of brand new content for you to explore and check out in this update, things ranging from new spawns a friend system and more! You can read on to find out more.

NEW SPAWNS
    We have updated our Hub & Skyblock spawns to have an all spanking new spawn! We have carefully desgined these spawns to make sure they're easy to get around, nice and cozy to be in and make you go "AWESOME!" when you first see them!

Hub Spawn
    Venture through our brand new fantasy-themed Hub, with colourful birds flying around, giant bright flowers and lots of trees and nice terrain formations.

[​IMG]
    You will also notice the new Cosmetic Chests & Cosmetics item in your hotbar. Soon™ you'll be able to show yourself off to all your friends (get some "Wows") with tons of awesome cosmetics.

[​IMG]

Skyblock Spawn
    Two new spawns, woah! Take a trip to our steampunk/medieval themed Skyblock spawn, and don't forget that we have updated our PvP arena as well, the new arena can be found at the back of the spawn.

[​IMG]

NEW PERKS & FIXES
    Perks were announced last week, we released 10 perks with a few more to come. The "few more to come" are finally here! We also smashed a bunch of pesky bugs, got that bug spray to get rid of em'.

Sell Wand Perk
    Simply right-click a chest with the Sell Wand and sell all of its content. Upon selling the items, you will be given the necessary amount of money.

Sell Chest Perk
    Create signs on chests that will automatically sell its content upon right-clicking the sign! This can be used as a permanent way of selling your items, instead of the Sell Wand.

Harvester Hoe COMING SOON
    The Harvester Hoe has two modes, collector and sell mode. The collector mode will mine sugar cane in a 3x3 area and store it in your inventory and the sell mode will mine the sugar and sell it straight away.

▶ Crop Hopper COMING SOON

Crop Hoppers will automatically pickup and store naturally fallen items in your inventory. This will happen to all fallen items in the chunk you place the hopper in.

PRISON PLOT MINES COMING SOON
    We have added (COMING SOON) Plot Mines to our Prison server! You can purchase plot mines off of our store @ store.thesquadmc.net.

We will update this section regarding our new Plot Mines when we fully release them, which will be very soon!

PS - We are aware of a couple of issues right now with current perks and are actively working on resolving these. The new announced perks will not be activated until the current issues are migrated.

REMINDER: The 65% Flash Sale ends soon, take advantage now! (https://store.thesquadmc.net/)

▶ Prison Gangs Update

We have updated Gangs on Prison, the mini-update basically has changes towards our leveling system, we completely redid it with new rewards, 15 new levels and it'll now say what level your gang is in chat!

[​IMG]

You can begin creating a Gang by viewing the command help page in game, just simply type /gang help to view this.

FRIENDS SYSTEM
    You can now make friends on Squad easier than ever, with our brand new /friend system! Add friends, teleport to friends, private message friends and more with our friend system.

Commands are very straight forward, just type /friend and you can view all the possible commands.

[​IMG]

WAIT, THERE'S MORE!
    Holy cows! Yes, that's right, there's more! We have heaps of cool new features in the plans, such as Bedwars, Minions, Hub Cosmetics and new Prison & Faction spawns.

Here is a sneak peak of our upcoming Minions and Cosmetics!

Cosmetics, coming soon!
    [​IMG]
    Minions, coming soon!
    [​IMG]

WEEKLY GIVEAWAY

As promised in the last update, the winner of the $25 Buycraft Voucher is… @Lore_Gaurd! Congratulations!

Claim your prize by private messaging one of the three managers on the forums or Discord. You can join our discord @ discord.thesquadmc.net if you haven't already!

To be entered in this week’s giveaway, simply leave a comment on this post, the winner will be announced on the next Weekly Update.
    NOTE: Please do not make posts just to enter, they must be constructive posts with actual content in them. Don't just make a post with just your IGN or anything similar to that, or it will be removed.

Reminder that our 65% FLASH sale will be ending shortly. Take advantage while you still can @ https://store.thesquadmc.net/

Thanks,
    - TheSquadMC Staff Team.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Jowlie

Jowlie Senior Moderator Sr Mod

Excited for the cosmetics :D

3. Futr

Futr Member

I am so excited for plot mines!. Also just curious, when will /vote be fixed in prisons?

4. lit

lit Member

i cant wait for the bug fixs

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. ElmCool129

ElmCool129 New Member

I love the new skyblock spawn!!!!!!!!! Its the main thing I play, so when I first saw it I was just thinking that I'd have to explore the whole place-still to be done!
    Also will forever remember this server, as I got my first EVER rank(Royal on Skyblock)! It was quick and easy, so however it is set up, I hope all the servers I get ranks on are as easy as this! Loved the experience of it, and my little brother got the rank as well, when he saw how efficient the system was.
    Keep up the awesome work, I'm loving it ATM!

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. ItsYaBoiEmerald

ItsYaBoiEmerald Whatever you are, be a good one. Sr Mod

The new spawns look great. cant wait for minions to come. Yall doing a great jod. Keep it ^^^!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. GreenCar121

GreenCar121 New Member

I am watching Moose on my phone right now! Keep it up! ;)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. MasterArdelta

MasterArdelta Moderator Mod

Love the new spawns! Also welcome Curt! I like the new perks aswell! (Maybe you could add special TNT that blows up larger areas or does other special things, you’d get them from crates)

9. Kindle252 Gaming

Kindle252 Gaming Helper Helper

Just woke up, and saw this email.
    Got up and ran downstairs and got on.
    Looks great XD.
    IGN: kindle252

10. StoneBrine

StoneBrine Member

I could not go to sleep so I looked at my phone For a few seconds and I saw the update and I said to my self yes. thank thank you guys for making this update.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Bantakiwi

Bantakiwi New Member

These are the updates I like, nothing too huge, but exiting enough to stop players from getting bored, I like the new skyblock PVP arena, it's great fun. Keep up the great work.

I have a small suggestion for voting, because the rewards are not that great for late game, maybe some more rewards could be added, like a super rare chance to get higher tier crate keys?

Bantakiwi

12. Spre

Spre Member

@ConstructorLeo

thanks for the update.

a few things.

the flash sale is not 65% it is still 60, the prices are still at the 60 in which ive paid for can you verify it is set to 65?

also is the sellwand suppose to be free?

13. Sapphire

Sapphire New Member

How do I join your world please help!

14. Sapphire

Sapphire New Member

:confused: I’ve been trying for 3 days to join you server please help me on how to join thank you and please respond quick

15. ItsMuffinTimeMC

ItsMuffinTimeMC New Member

Ok so I'm just a little bit confuzzled... OK so on one of mooses vids he said that on Monday the troll wars pass will be free..? But nobody is really saying anything about it and there's no posts or anything so idk... If anyone really knows reply and if I'm just a complete noob put "noob" at the end of the reply just to let me know...

16. Spre

Spre Member

Troll wars was free Friday, sat and sun.

17. Bantakiwi

Bantakiwi New Member

I was asking mods and other Staff about sellwand, I 'bought' several,but did not actually receive anything.no one seemed to know anything about, so I guess it's bugged a bit?

18. Bantakiwi

Bantakiwi New Member

What do you mean? Do you need the IP address? The IP address is - play.thesquadmc.net

19. ConstructorLeo

ConstructorLeo Management Manager

We've been experiencing a few connection problems on our end, however, we have resolved them so you should now be able to login easily.

20. Aexo_

Aexo_ Moderator Mod

Very cool, can't wait to see the cosmetics and minions.