There are 0 players online
play.thesquadmc.net

Weekly Update #4 - FEBRUARY MONTHLY CRATE, PERKS, BOOSTERS, AND TOOLS (2/06/18)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Resilience, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Resilience

Resilience Manager Manager

Hey Everyone!

First and foremost, I'd like everyone to join me in welcoming @ckamps as our newest Developer and @Jesse as our newest Sytem-Administrator! Alongside the existing team, these individuals will be helping us make the Squad you know and love even better! On that note, let's procede to this weeks Weekly Update. We apologize for the delay or lack thereof of updates, we're currently working on redoing our backend systems to make for a better gameplay experience, which we've devoted most of our time to. We're back today with a bunch of new additions to the server that have been much requested.

▶ February Monthly Crate

We've added the February Monthly Crate to the store. If you're new, a Monthly Crate is an item that you can right-click to redeem 10 prizes, one of them may even be a rank! You can purchase 3 of these Crates per month, and there will be a new Monthly Crate every Month. We currently have a 65% off sale running, so take advantage of that while you can, these Monthly Crates pack a punch and will be sure to help you get started on any server you regularly play on!

▶ ️ Perks, Boosters, Tools

We've added an enormous amount of new perks, boosters, and tools that you'll be able to use to speed up various activities on the server. These can be unlocked in Crates, Monthly Crates, Supply Crates, and directly on our store.
    • Night Vision Perk - toggle a permanent Night Vision effect via /nv
    • EXP Booster - You and your Faction/Island will get a 3 hour double EXP boost
    • Rate Booster - You and your Faction/Island will get a 1 hour double Mob Spawning / Crop Growth boost
    • Sell Booster - You will get a 1 hour double Sell Rate boost
    • Trench Pickaxe - This pickaxe will mine in a 3x3 area
    • Shockwave Pickaxe - This pickaxe will mine in a 9x9 area
    • Craft Wand - Right-Clicking on Chests, Hoppers, and Trapped Chests will convert all ingots and nuggets inside into blocks (E.G 9 iron ingots will turn into 1 iron block)
    • Lightning Wand - Right-Clicking on an area will strike lightning in its place (mainly to light Creepers on fire when raiding). This item will work within a 10 block radius of where you look and has a 30 second cooldown.
    • TNT Wand - Right-Clicking on Chests, Hoppers, and Trapped Chests will convert all gunpowder into TNT (E.G 9 gunpowder will turn into 1 TNT)
    • Chunk Buster - When placed in your Factions territory, this will destroy the entire chunk you're standing in from sky to bedrock. You may not place this item in unclaimed land and there may be no spawners in the chunk you're placing it in. To view the chunks you have claimed, type /f seechunk.

We're currently working on the following perks, which should be added sometime next week during the next content update:

• Sell Wand - Right-Clicking on Chests, Hoppers, and Trapped Chests will automatically sell all items in the chests
    • Harvester Hoe - Right-Clicking will change the mode of this Hoe from Collect to Sell. The collect mode will mine sugarcane in a 3x3 area and automatically store it in your inventory. The sell mode will mine sugarcane in a 3x3 area and automatically sell it for you.
    • Crop Hopper - These hoppers will automatically pickup and store naturally fallen entities from within a chunk that it has been placed in.
    • Sell Chest Perk - This perk gives you the ability to create Sell signs on Crates, this will let you right-click the chest to automatically sell items.

[​IMG]
    ▶ ️ Troll Wars

Unspeakable, Shark, and Moose have been busy putting out Troll Wars videos! Videos will be coming out every weekend on this gamemode, along with possible streams in the future. View the latest videos down below, as always Troll Wars passes are available at our store.

▶ Changelog

Below are the various updates and bug fixes we've made to the servers since the previous week, outlined per gamemode or global.

▶ Global Changes
    • Added limits to how many items you can auction at once, scaling up based on donation ranks. Default members can auction 3 items at once, while each increasing donor rank can auction an additional 2 (E.G the top donor rank can auction 13 items at once).
    • Chat Filter has been completely re-done to be more effective
    • Removed Quests, as we work on a new solution to be even more exciting
    • Added several optimizations to Factions & Skyblock to handle our players better
    Factions Changes
    • Fixed an issue where Monthly Crates didn't give keys properly when won
    Skyblock Changes
    • Fixed an issue where Monthly Crates didn't give keys properly when won
    Buycraft Changes
    • Added a new loading screen which displays the current sale, a featured package, our ToS, and links to our social media

▶ Giveaway

As promised in the last update, the winner of the $25 Buycraft voucher is… @Jake! Claim your prize by opening a private conversation on the forums with one of the Managers to receive your voucher (within 3 days of this post)! To be entered in this week’s giveaway, simply leave a comment on this post, the winner will be announced on the next Weekly Update. NOTE: Please do not make posts just to enter, they must be constructive posts with actual content in them. Don't just make a post with just your IGN or anything similar to that, or it will be removed.

Discord | Twitter | Store (65% Flash Sale currently active!)​

Best Regards,
    Resilience on behalf of TheSquadMC Team

2. CryV

CryV Member

First! Great updates! Keep them up y’all :D!

3. Lore_Gaurd

Lore_Gaurd New Member

Yeah guys, nice job on getting so much stuff in. Keep up on the updates!

4. Spre

Spre Member

good work, but here are some key issues and comments and questions:

All:
    Monthly Crates not giving keys properly is still an issue, I lost a legendary and an ultimate

Troll Wars:
    troll war passes atleast for me are not working, i head over there and its completely different and just asks for an email adress to send a giftcard to?

buying traps is still a no go and owners/members of regular players protected areas can not do anything still(all in my bug report with a video) as of when my time expired i had tried buying 2 pit traps and 1 landmine and it doesn't give you any of them.

and i do have to ask, on the live streams they all specify that we can troll them build on their base area etc

Skyblock
    So selling is being taken away and readded as a monetary perk? Please elaberate because we can already create sale signs and sell from chests.

appreciate all the hard work.

5. MasterArdelta

MasterArdelta Member

So exited for Chunk Buster / TNT Wand / Lightning Wand

6. PyrePanther

PyrePanther Administrator Admin

Selling is not being taken away. What has been/ will be added are quicker ways to sell. The sell chest signs allow you to right click on the sign and it will automatically sell all sellable items inside that chest to /shop without having to do it manually (with a cooldown between uses). The chest shop signs which allow you to sell/buy with other players are different and will remain.

7. ItsYaBoiEmerald

ItsYaBoiEmerald Moderator Mod

Another great update from management and pumped for the new perks.

8. AdamThePig

AdamThePig AdamTheHound Trainee

Awesome update :D Still hyped for Bedwars!

9. MasterArdelta

MasterArdelta Member

I’ve got a Question about the /repair perk / command how long is it’s cooldown? The store just says “but with a cooldown.”
    Thanks!

10. Spre

Spre Member

Thank you for clearing that up

11. ElmCool129

ElmCool129 New Member

Will troll wars ever just be open instead of only open with passes? I really want to play it after watching all the awesome videos posted by the squad!

12. MasterArdelta

MasterArdelta Member

The reason that you can only play with passes right now is because it’s still in BETA Testing. Also if they didn’t have it the whole server would flud onto it and destroy everything and make it not fun. So to answer your question maybe never. Maybe after BETA. I think passes are a really smart idea.

13. Spre

Spre Member

all three said in their streams about it said its passes while in beta. It is like when games have a closed beta millions apply for but only a 100 get in, you just pay to get in.

is it buggy? well yes, it is in beta.

is it worth 5 bucks for three days? depends on your definition of worth, Ive got a base built in eyesight, couldn,t use any traps(buggy) but made old fashioned traps, that i forgot about and set off myself haha

so it was worth my 5 bucks imo

14. Futr

Futr New Member

NIce updates!

Some things to be fixed:(On prisons)
    /vote
    /quests
    a pvp mine
    and more!

15. SaVaGe1111

SaVaGe1111 New Member

How do I get the 1 month pass?