There are 0 players online
play.thesquadmc.net

Weekly Update #3 - TROLL WARS, MONTHLY CRATES + MORE (1/27/18)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Resilience, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Resilience

Resilience Manager Manager

Hey Everyone!

We're back again for yet another Weekly Update, this time with some exciting news regarding one of our newest additions to the server!

[​IMG]
    ▶ Troll Wars

After talking it over with Unspeakable, Moose, and Shark, we came to the conclusion that we wanted to build a platform that our players could enjoy being trolled on while also enjoying a simplistic style of gameplay. This led to the creation of Troll Wars, survival with a twist.

▶ Gameplay

What better way to showcase this new gamemode than 3 new videos from your favorite content creators? Below are some videos you can watch to find out everything you need to know about Troll Wars. If you have any questions gameplay wise, either reply with your question(s) or ask us in the Discord!

▶ Passes

Before releasing Troll Wars, we needed a way to make sure there wouldn't be players coming on just to cause mayhem and chaos. This is where our Passes come in. To play Troll Wars, you'll need to purchase access on our Store, in which you can purchase 1-day, 3-day, or 1-month subscriptions. We currently have quite a big sale going on, and also took the opportunity to lower the prices of the Passes to make it easier on you guys to join in on the fun! Our content creators will be doing regular streams on there, make sure you don't miss out! Click on the packages on our Store for more information regarding the Passes.

▶ ️ Monthly Crates

We've added a new type of Crate separate from the rest on Skyblock and Factions, introducing... Monthly Crates! These are purchasable crates from our Store that will give you 10 rewards at once! You can purchase 3 of these Crates per month, and there will be a new Monthly Crate every Month with brand new rewards. View the possible winnings down below, I think you guys will be happily surprised at all that you can win.

▶ Factions
    [​IMG]
    ▶ Skyblock
    [​IMG]

▶ Changelog

Below are the various updates and bug fixes we've made to the servers since the previous week, outlined per gamemode or global.

▶ Global Changes
    • Added /rules
    • Revamped In-Game Announcements to be more eye-catching
    • Fixed certain Quests that would have been impossible to complete
    • Added several optimizations to Factions & Skyblock to handle our players better
    • Raised the Vote Party requirement from 200 to 300
    • Fixed several false triggers of the Chat Filter
    • Re-synced Proxies to display the correct player count
    • Changed Chameleon tag to say Frog
    • Increased the Sale from 55% to 60% to celebrate Monthly Crates and Troll Wars being released (ends next week)
    Factions (1-3) Changes
    • Revamped Crates with new possible rewards to make the purchases more worth it
    • Fixed an issue where players would be teleported under Spawn when colliding with the World Border
    Skyblock (1-3) Changes
    • Revamped Crates with new possible rewards to make the purchases more worth it
    Buycraft Changes
    • Added the ability to see what account you're logged in to when making purchases

▶ Giveaway

As promised in the last update, the winner of the $25 Buycraft voucher is… @JSchmittPro! Claim your prize by opening a private conversation on the forums with one of the Managers to receive your voucher (within 3 days of this post)! To be entered in this week’s giveaway, simply leave a comment on this post, the winner will be announced on the next Weekly Update. NOTE: Please do not make posts just to enter, they must be constructive posts with actual content in them. Don't just make a post with just your IGN or anything similar to that, or it will be removed.

Discord | Twitter | Store (60% Sale currently active!)​

Best Regards,
    Resilience on behalf of TheSquadMC Team

2. MasterArdelta

MasterArdelta Member

WHOOP! Yay!
    Love the Monthly Crate idea!

3. Shifter

Shifter Moderator Mod

GG on the Monthly Crates i know ill be getting one :D

4. NurptheDerp

NurptheDerp New Member

I don't like how it is more irl money the games are based on, but the overall update looks great.

5. Jake

Jake New Member

6. AdamThePig

AdamThePig AdamTheHound Trainee

GG! Still super hyped for bedwars, but Monthly Crates will be awesome too!

7. TechnoTau04

TechnoTau04 New Member

I am definitely getting that giveaway

8. ItsYaBoiEmerald

ItsYaBoiEmerald Moderator Mod

Another great update with these monthly crates. from what ive seen troll wars looks amazing

9. Kylops

Kylops Member

Awesome update! Hyped for troll wars!
    I also want to say something , Can you make it so that People who have a rank on ANY server get the same rank's tag in the forums here? That would be really cool!
    Stay awesome , Kylops

10. Bantakiwi

Bantakiwi New Member

Hey, in the next update, could you please make it so you can sell wool, it does not have to be too high earning, I just feel bad chucking it off the edge of my island because its a waste of space. Cool update, Bantakiwi

11. Bantakiwi

Bantakiwi New Member

I agree

12. Bantakiwi

Bantakiwi New Member

What a constructive message

13. Futr

Futr New Member

When are you all update prisons? There are a lot of things that need to be fixed. One of these is /vote.

14. AdamThePig

AdamThePig AdamTheHound Trainee

Players will probably buy wool. You can sell it on /ah

15. Bantakiwi

Bantakiwi New Member

Firstly, They don't really wanna buy wool, and also, selling 100 stacks of wool on /ah is increadably slow, since I can only have 4 things there at once, But thanks for the reply

16. Spre

Spre Member

whats the noble island perk on skyblock three with noble rank? :D

17. Lumberjack_Ryan

Lumberjack_Ryan New Member

Troll wars looks really fun and i hope that someday i will be there to enjoy the fun. Also i like the idea of passes so that people cant screw up the server. Overall 10 out of 10 amazing update!!!!

18. MAZKNN

MAZKNN New Member

I'm so excited to buy a pass! I'm just waiting for my final exams, after that I will buy a pass ;u;

19. Fation

Fation New Member

I CAN GET IN IT SAYS:INVALID SESSION (TRY RESTARTING YOUR GAME AND LAUNCHER)

20. Fation

Fation New Member

or it is because it says not realised yet