Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!
There are 0 players online
play.thesquadmc.net

Weekly Update #2 - FIXES & BEDWARS COMING SOON (1/14/18)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Resilience, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Resilience

Resilience New Member

Hey Guys!

First and foremost, let's get excited for 2018! We've got so much planned over the coming weeks and months in terms of expansions to our network, some of which will be talked about today!

Coming soon to TheSquadMC...

[​IMG]
    Note: Bed Wars has not been released yet, when it does, it will be announced on our Discord and Twitter -- stay tuned.

▶ Bed Wars

That's right! The gamemode that's taken Minecraft by force as of recently is being worked on and will be added sometime in the near future to TheSquadMC! While the plan was to launch this gamemode last week, we’ve decided to spend a little more time on it as we want to make sure it’s perfect before letting you guys on. You may have already seen the gamemode in the server selector(s), if so, get excited! We have so many plans for both the gameplay and cosmetic aspects that we’re excited to update you on shortly. Some very important people may or may not be be streaming it on release...

▶ Gameplay

What is Bed Wars, you may ask? Bed Wars is one of the most popular Minecraft mini-games in which, based on the mode (explained in the below bullet) places you by yourself or with a team against other teams of the same size. You each spawn on an island with a bed, an ore generator, and two shop villagers. Once you destroy someone’s bed, you’re able to take them out of the game. If you kill someone but don’t break their bed, they will respawn in 5 seconds, and continue respawning until their bed is broken. To win, all other beds need to be broken and all other players need to be killed. If a player dies and is taken out of the game, it will display as “FINAL KILL” in chat. Winning will give you EXP and Coins, which can be used to unlock rare cosmetics (in the future). Beds can be protected by blocks purchased in the shop, which are all purchased with Iron Ingots, Gold Ingots, and Emeralds (with the rarity of items scaling up by ore). Each map has four diamond generators that can be built to, Diamonds can be used to upgrade your island with things such as the “Heal Pool”, which gives you a health boost when standing on your island. There are four Emerald generators at the middle, Emeralds can be used at the shop to purchase diamond armor, a diamond sword, enderpearls, and more. If you need any other clarifications on the gamemode, comment down below and we’ll do our best to answer them!

▶ Modes

We plan on having both Solo and Teams modes for our Bed Wars servers. Solo Mode is, as the name states, yourself against 7 other people, while Teams mode is a total of 16 players, with 4 on each team. We have a total of 5 maps for both Solo and Teams, with the islands adjusted accordingly based on the gamemode, and there are 15 servers for each mode. This means that at a time, we're able to hold 360 players on Bed Wars (not including the Lobby servers, which there are 6 of). If the demand for it goes up, we'll add more servers based on how many of you are trying to join.

▶ Maps

As stated above, we have 5 maps used on the two modes, we're going to be adding new maps, modes, and cosmetics in the weeks after launch so stay tuned for that!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

▶ Changelog

Below are the various updates and bug fixes we've made to the servers since the previous two weeks, outlined per gamemode or global.

▶ Global Changes
    • Voting has been fixed! /vote for daily rewards, there's 4 sites currently and we plan on adding even more in the near future!
      • Added another voting site
    • Fixed an issue where the MOTD wasn't properly centered on all proxies
    • Added a chat-filter to prevent swearing
    • Several optimizations to hold more players on the network
    • Added several more proxies to hold more players in anticipation for our new releases
    Factions (1-3) Changes
    • Fixed a dupe exploit causing several members to get large amounts of money
    • Fixed an issue where members of your Faction couldn’t use /f warp
    Skyblock (1-3) Changes
    • Fixed an issue where Legend rank didn't have access to Silk Touch Spawners
    • Redstone torches have been disabled from being listed in /ah to prevent fake keys
    • Fixed an issue where looting swords caused an overpowered amount of items to be dropped
    Prison (1-3) Changes
    • Fixed an issue where the prize to rankup to Z from Y was 600 billion, it has been changed to 60 billion
    • Optimized mine resetting solution to decrease lag
    • Fixed an issue where if you were rank Z, you were unable to /prestige

▶ Giveaway

As promised in the last update, the winner of the $25 Buycraft voucher is… @Kylops! Claim your prize by opening a private conversation on the forums with one of the Managers to receive your voucher! To be entered in this week’s giveaway, simply leave a comment on this post, the winner will be announced on the next Weekly Update. NOTE: Please do not make posts just to enter, they must be constructive posts with actual content in them. Don't just make a post with just your IGN or anything similar to that, or it will be removed.

Discord | Twitter | Store (55% Sale currently active!)​

Best Regards,
    Resilience on behalf of TheSquadMC Team

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. ItsYaBoiEmerald

ItsYaBoiEmerald Whatever you are, be a good one. Sr Mod

LIT! cant wait to see these bedwars maps in action! Keep up the good work!

3. Futr

Futr New Member

/vote is still not fixed in prisons. It works on factions though.

4. ConstructorLeo

ConstructorLeo Management Manager

We'd like to thank every single member of TheSquadMC community! Without your support a lot of this would not be possible. We have an update packed January, great way to start 2018 - with Bedwars, Troll Wars, Quests and so much more on the way!

Let us know what you'd like to see on the server by creating a suggestion on the Suggestions forum. :D

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  5. Jowlie

Jowlie Senior Moderator Sr Mod

Can’t wait to go all tryhard on bedwars when it fully releases ;)

6. Tyler

Tyler Member

Can't wait to play bedwars here!!

7. Shifter

Shifter Senior Moderator Sr Mod

Sensational Im gonn be the best Dang bedwars player there ever was

8. Inspectiver

Inspectiver New Member

Looks good! I'll be waiting for the release..!

9. ElmCool129

ElmCool129 New Member

I can't wait for bedwars! I love it lots, so I'm sure it'll be just as good here!
    Also I'd like to thank the staff for doing a great behind the scenes job on the server! Makes it so much nicer to play on!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2018
  10. NurptheDerp

NurptheDerp New Member

Can you fix the block damage from endermen, they keep stealing my farming blocks. I do like the fix of fake keys. Thank you guys for that!

11. Kylops

Kylops Member

This is such an amazing server.
    Guys , if you are new here , I HIGHLY recommend joining this server in a long-time play because, once you start playing , you will know what im talking about!
    Thank you!

12. JSchmittPro

JSchmittPro New Member

Yay!!! I love bedwars so much, and I am super exited to see it being added to this server. Now I don't have to switch servers just to get what I want! Also glad there are measures being taken to stop exploiters and scammers. Keep up the gosh darn good work Squad!

13. AdamThePig

AdamThePig AdamTheHound

Can’t wait for bedwars! :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Eagle877

Eagle877 New Member

[​IMG]
    Note: Bed Wars has not been released yet, when it does, it will be announced on our Discord and Twitter -- stay tuned.

▶ Bed Wars

▶ Maps

As stated above, we have 5 maps used on the two modes, we're going to be adding new maps, modes, and cosmetics in the weeks after launch so stay tuned for that!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hey just wanted to say really look forward to the new maps they look AWESOME! Also I'm very excited for there opening! AND THANK YOU SO MUCH for the fake key fix I've spent over 50k on fake keys so thx!

Eagle877 (Skyblock)

15. Cmcq80

Cmcq80 Member

You just reposted the same thing...

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Amanda M Ohlheiser

Amanda M Ohlheiser New Member