Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!
There are 0 players online
play.thesquadmc.net

Weekly Update #1 - FIXES, ADDITIONS & CHANGES (12/30/17)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Resilience, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Resilience

Resilience New Member

Greetings and Happy Holidays everyone,

I want to start by thanking each and every one of you for joining us on release, we are extremely humbled by the sheer amount of you that joined even during the holidays. We're really excited for the future of Squad and are committed to keeping it up to standards by listening to your feedback and making the server the best it can be as deemed by you, the community. I haven't formally introduced myself yet, so I'll take the opportunity to do so now. I'm Resilience, one of the three managers alongside @ConstructorLeo and @ConradHD. Together, we'll be ensuring that the community is taken care of and the staff are doing their job properly and effectively.

▶ Weekly/Bi-Weekly Updates

Every week, or every other week, I'll be making a post similarly structured to this one outlining the many fixes and additions we've made to the server, sale information, along with a look to future weekly updates in the coming weeks. Each of these posts will also have a giveaway in them, a $25 Buycraft voucher redeemable for any items or ranks on the store. To be entered in the giveaway, simply leave a comment on this post, the winner will be announced on the next Weekly Update. NOTE: Please do not make posts just to enter, they must be constructive posts with actual content in them. Don't just make a post with just your IGN or anything similar to that, or it will be removed.

▶ Future Plans
    While we already have quite a few servers on the network, we're already working on new gamemodes for you guys to enjoy alongside the bug fixes and updates we have planned for our current servers. As you may have already seen on our Server Selector, Troll Wars will be making an appearance on Squad very shortly. Troll Wars is a whitelisted survival server which you purchase whitelists for depending on the time you wish to play. While on the server, you'll be visited by Shark, Unspeakable, and Moose and trolled on stream or for videos, along with the opportunity to play survival with them. Along with Troll Wars, we're also working on our own Bed Wars gamemode. More information about this will be released in a separate post, however it's coming very soon and we have a lot of exciting features we're anticipating to add with it to make the experience all the better.

▶ Changelog

Below are the various updates and bug fixes we've made to the servers since release, outlined per gamemode or global.

▶ Global Changes

• Switched back-end systems to better handle player load balancing
    • /Feed cooldown has been changed to 5 minutes
    • Combat Tag time has been increased from 15 to 30 seconds
    • Players are now able to withdraw Money and EXP
    • Changed Anti-Cheat solution to avoid false positives and prevent lag
    • Shift-Clicking no longer sends a trade request to other players
    • Reduced Hologram view-distance to 20 to prevent lag
    • Added Player ranks and health above their name in-game
    • Fixed a duping exploit with EXP and Banknotes

▶ Factions (1-3) Changes

• Default rank now has access to /pv 1 (with only 9 slots)
    • /Shop has been updated and a Raiding shop has been added
    • Factions Fly has been fixed
    • Added a border in the End world at 2,500
    • Genbucket prices have been updated to better reflect the economy
    • Statistics at Spawn on Factions-2 and Factions-3 have been added
    • Multiple buckets now place individually, instead of all at once
    • Fixed a bug where players were unable to place Spawners
    ▶ Skyblock (1-3) Changes
      • Hopper limit has been increased from 30 to 150
      • Creepers and Enderman no longer do block-damage
      • The parkour to the PvP arena at Spawn has been made easier
      • Default rank can list up to 2 items at once in the AuctionHouse, Donators get an additional 2 items allowance as the ranks go up (E.G Legend can list 12 items at once)
      • Mob Spawning rates have been reduced 50%
      • You are now able to /balance people
      • TreeFeller has been enabled as an McMMO skill
      • Printer / Schematica has been enabled
      • Stacked Spawners have been added
      • Added Flint, Beacons, and various other items to /Shop
      • Donator Ore Generators have been revamped and made better
      • Mobs will stack to a max limit of 1,000
      • Wither Farming has been disabled in all worlds
      • Raised the max island size from 4 members to 5
      • Raised the amount of islands resets you get from 2 to 5
      • Disabled PVE farming for McMMO
      • All Donators have access to [item] which displays the item you're holding in chat
    ▶ Prison (1-3) Changes
      • Fortune pickaxes now function properly
      • Pickaxes will now track the amount of blocks mined with them in the name of the Pickaxe
      • Rankup prices have been completely revamped to make it easier to rankup initially
      • Mines have been completely revamped with new blocks to mine
      • Sell prices have been completely revamped with better prices per block
      • Right Clicking twice will automatically sell everything in your inventory for you
      • Fixed an exploit where Players with access to /fly could travel to other mines
      • Added /plot merge and /plot delete
      • Added Gangs (/gang help)
      • Added /token balance and /token balance <player>
      • Fixed a duping exploit with EXP bottles

I want to reiterate how thankful we are for your overwhelming support. We hope to continue making the experience better and better, we're only just getting started. I'd like to thank the wonderful members of the Staff Team who have made been helping since day 1, ensuring the server is clean and hacker free. We're a committed team and guarantee that this is just the start, we've got so much more planned for the future.

Discord |
    Twitter | Store (65% Sale currently active!)
    Best Regards,
    Resilience on behalf of TheSquadMC Team

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Glare

Glare New Member

Great job keeping people updated on all the hard work we've been doing. I hope they are excited for the new content!

3. Shifter

Shifter Senior Moderator Sr Mod

This is awesome Plus a 25$ Voucher I already know ima be going for that but I want to know is the troll wars map gonna be a custom map and will we able to protect our builds with a wand or is it just straight survival??

4. Resilience

Resilience New Member

Troll Wars has protection stones that you can either get by voting or via the /shop. These protection stones will protect a radius depending on the tier that they are when placed, more information will be released in the official release post, which will be coming soon.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mokopana

Mokopana Moderator Mod

Thanks for the great updates looking forward to the new game mode and other game changing updates, nice to now know who the real managers are as well thanks!
    Great to see the server striving! This server brings back many good memories with me and my mates. Thanks you very much staff team for the great server!

Kind Regards
    Mokopana

6. Shifter

Shifter Senior Moderator Sr Mod

Awesome Ok I seriously cant wait for it to come out

7. Tyler

Tyler Member

Can't wait to see all this cool new stuff implanted. This update is going to be awesome.

8. IDath

IDath iDath Sr Mod

Thanks for the great Information and it is nice that you introduced yourself, I will be tuned in to read every post to know what is going to happen in the future and updates on the server.

Thanks very much

9. ItsYaBoiEmerald

ItsYaBoiEmerald Whatever you are, be a good one. Sr Mod

Well done all of you at the squad staff team. Your doing great on this new server.
    Also will we see solo, doubles, triples, etc. on Bedwars
    ~~~~~~
    {
    ~~~
    {
    ~~~~~~ MEREALD

• Like Like x 1
  10. MAZKNN

MAZKNN New Member

The Squad's Staff are awesome! We were just waiting for Troll Wars to come and now they're planning to add Bed Wars ^u^
    Thank you, we all appreciate your effort for making this server a fun place to play with .. hohoho xD

xoxo, MAZKNN
    xD

• Like Like x 1
  11. ElmCool129

ElmCool129 New Member

Nice to see all the updates going on! Super hyped for TrollCraft, been hyping up my brother for it as well!
    Glad to see Bedwars coming to the server as well, you guys(staff) are doing a great job so far!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  12. MikeyDoesGaming

MikeyDoesGaming Member

13. AnkushTheHero

AnkushTheHero Member

Nice update!

14. MikeyDoesGaming

MikeyDoesGaming Member

I’m so excited

15. Joshplayzyt

Joshplayzyt Active Member

It is really kind and smart to have weekly give aways! I mean most servers don’t even have a single give away ever!

16. GrayShadow09

GrayShadow09 New Member

The spawners on factions-1 aren't working or at least not for me. Any way's thanks for the updates and keep up the hard work.

17. Kylops

Kylops Member

Nice meeting all of you people! Its good to know who the people behind our great gameplay are!
    The server is going pretty well currently , with a lot of players emerged especially in skyblock (no offence factions players :p) because the 3 YouTubers mainly troll on SkyBlock so most people have a chance of meeting them , an actual dream come true.
    Keep up the great work Staff! <3
    -Kylops :)

18. Cookies

Cookies New Member

Wow this server is amazing!! :D

19. Futr

Futr New Member

Thanks for all these updates. 1 great thing for the prison update is that the click to sell is only with your pickaxe.

20. Futr

Futr New Member

I also wanted to add something. /vote is not fixed on prison so you don't get anything for voting.