Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!
There are 0 players online
play.thesquadmc.net

Important The End of Bedwars & Minigames

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by ConstructorLeo, Jun 29, 2018.

1. ConstructorLeo

ConstructorLeo Managerator Manager

Hello everyone,

Today's news is a bit different than normal, with a lot of discussion between the upper team, we have decided to unfortunately shut down Bedwars & Minigames on the 1st of July.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Q) Why shut down Bedwars?
    A) Bedwars takes up a lot of resources and time to maintain and right now we aren’t getting the amount of players we expected to get on Bedwars.

Q) Will Bedwars ever come back up?
    A) There is no definite answer to this, however, we have plans to run at least monthly Bedwars tournaments on our Event server. These tournaments may vary from Bedwars to other sorts of Minigames!

Q) What time will Bedwars shut down?
    A) The server will shut down on the 1st of July at 12 AM EST.

Q) I bought a Minigames rank, what will happen?
    A) Anyone who bought a Minigame rank will be given a gift card equivalent of the ranks price.

Q) I made a map for the Community Map event, what will happen?
    A) We really appreciated all the submissions we got! Now that Bedwars is being shut down, we won't have a use for any Bedwars maps, therefore, we won't be reviewing any of the maps that were submitted.

Q) Is it only Bedwars that is shutting down?
    A) Yes, only Bedwars and our Minigame lobbies will be shutting down. This will mean that we will no longer add future Minigames. However, as we mentioned above, we will be hosting at least monthly Minigame tournaments.

On a brighter note, two very familiar faces and two not so familiar faces have joined our ownership team & development team. Please welcome ckamps and ItsMeCyclone to the ownership team and AsyncNick and TimLampen to the development team.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask below and we will respond as soon as possible!
    Thanks.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Gerbleton

Gerbleton New Member

if bedwars comes back will the leader boards update properly as before they did not.

3. ckamps

ckamps Owner Owner

Hey there! They always have properly updated since full release :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. AdamThePig

AdamThePig Insert inspirational quote

Will two of the maps from the Bedwars Submission sub-forum be accepted for use in the events?

Also, will the first event take place on July 1st? If not, when?

5. Viqxs

Viqxs Member

Good choice! Im super happy you guys made the right choice. I know it can be rough removing a game mode some enjoy, although it’s always better for the community. I support your decision! Although I think you should remove Minigames as a WHOLE.

Viqxs

6. ConstructorLeo

ConstructorLeo Managerator Manager

Very good question and we are sorry we didn't answer it! I have added it to the FAQ, but, short answer: No, we won't be going through the map submissions.

Minigames is getting removed too! As you can see, in the title it says "The End of Bedwars & Minigames". We mainly talked about Bedwars because it's our only Minigame. The whole Minigames aspect is only there for the lobby & the in core infrastructure.

7. Viqxs

Viqxs Member

Awesome! Dont get me wrong, i loved the whole aspect of minigames but i never discerned the whole foremost concept. I see how bedwars is chic but I don’t think it dovetailed into the whole brain wave of SquadMc. That’s just my sentiment

8. AdamThePig

AdamThePig Insert inspirational quote

Okay, thanks.

When will the first event take place?

9. ArrowFight

ArrowFight New Member

ABOUT Prison why cant you sell cobblestone?

10. PyrePanther

PyrePanther Active Member

You can sell items on prison by using /sell hand or by use /shop, clicking on blocks (the grass block) using the paper at the bottom to go to page 3, and then left or right clicking on the cobblestone in the store.