Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!
There are 0 players online
play.thesquadmc.net

/Report command

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Tyler, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Tyler

Tyler Member

▶ SECTION A - Details
    1) What is your in-game name? xTyler5
    2) Is this a website or server suggestion? Server

▶ SECTION B - About the suggestion
    3) What server would you like to see this suggestion on? All Servers
    4) What is the suggestion? I think this server needs a /report command. There are many times when a staff member is not on your server. With /report it will pop up on the screen for staff and they can take care of the player who's breaking the rules. I know this command can be abused so there should be a punishment system for abuse of this command. This command is very handy in certain situations.
    5) Should this be a donator feature? No

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  2. AiraTsunagi

AiraTsunagi New Member

3. Tyler

Tyler Member

4. AiraTsunagi

AiraTsunagi New Member

Hmmm.. I don't side with anyone here though, But I think the Idea is a Great thing, But at the same time AntyOB is right, Well Honest Is The Best Policy But still..He had feelings, He could get hurt and stuffs AND AT THE SAME TIME I too, believed that such as /party and others are not needed FOR NOW, The Server still had a few bugs and Staffs need to focus on them first, Maybe soon they'll hear us out

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. AiraTsunagi

AiraTsunagi New Member

Well I said " EVEN If you fight or something"..It wether Might Or Not

6. MikeyDoesGaming

MikeyDoesGaming Member

Literally love commands

7. MikeyDoesGaming

MikeyDoesGaming Member

And yes I think this is a good idea because we can do it faster to report

8. MikeyDoesGaming

MikeyDoesGaming Member

AntyOB please private message him about asking or talking to him instead of doing it in front of everyone it is mean and quite rude.

9. AntyOB

AntyOB Member

Well at the time I didn't know how to Private Message, I will delete all my reply's here and I am sorry about the problem.

10. AdamThePig

AdamThePig AdamTheHound Helper

+1. I think this command would be very useful, and I'd like to add a bit, you can edit it in if you want: If there are no staff members online or on 'Report Watch', you could use /chatreport (username). That way the staff members can just check the offender's chat logs to see if they were breaking any rules, such as advertising, spamming, or swearing.

11. Cruz ( Pujoni_rocha )

Cruz ( Pujoni_rocha ) Member

Why? : Firstly staff's are busy with other server problems or any work they are being assigned to do

adding /report is a great idea but all the staff will get notified and would be a waste of time for them

If you wanna help catch the rule breakers just record them and report on forums!

12. AdamThePig

Recording and reporting takes ages, and many players wouldn’t even bother. So long as players did not abuse this command (which I cannot guarentee), it should only take a second for the players and not much more time for the staff members to hop onto the said server.

13. Spre

Spre Member

There is a report(might've been added after this post?)

However it only allows you to report suspected cheaters.

Other games have a unique reporting method(FFXIV and everquest come to mind), when you use /report it automatically finds the username reported and send the last 10 lines of text they sent with the report. It wouldn;t help with things like griefing etc, however would help with spam, swearing, etc

something like that would be welcome

14. AdamThePig

I think this was added after this post, so in a way it's already been accepted. Thanks for the tip though!

15. StoneBrine

StoneBrine Member

I have one problem I think there will be many spammers but good luck anyways.