Join the Official Discord Server for the opportunity to parttake in events, giveaways and more!
There are 0 players online
play.thesquadmc.net

Resolved McMMo Bug Persisting

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by _Diving_Maniac_, Jul 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Diving_Maniac_

_Diving_Maniac_ Member

SECTION A - Details
    1) What is your in-game name? _Diving_Maniac_
    2) What Minecraft version are you using? 1.8.9 (Cosmic Client)
    3) Is this a website or server bug? Server

SECTION B - About the bug
    4) What server did you find the bug on? Skyblock still
    5) What is the bug? As I have said before, it doesn't allow me to gain any McMMo when I use the correct method of grinding it. This started after a island reset, but now the island is fully deleted and the problem persists.
    6) Screenshots of the bug? Again cant :'(
    Files too large

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
  2. HisActions

HisActions Manager Manager

Can you explain more on this? What mobs are you hitting? can you earn xp by killing other mobs?

3. _Diving_Maniac_

_Diving_Maniac_ Member

Essentially, I built the typical McMMo farm for any server; 4 squares for mobs to naturally spawn on and water to push them into the death chamber. I try punching the skeletons, zombies, creepers, witches, and spiders for McMMo, but I get nothing; as if they were spawned by a spawner. I know this is not the case, however, since my other island members can use the EXACT same farm, and get plenty of McMMo. I enitially thought, since sharp VI was new, it may have been that, but unarmed doesn't work as well. This started much later than the client though, as I grinded several alchemy levels a few days before the problem. The Exact time of the problem started Around the time of the soul well addition time (whatever those days were.) YEET stuff was already passed.
    Other possible causes besides server updates could be that we reset and moved our island (to clean up), and ownership of the Island was no longer mine. The Old island was around for a time, but it is gone now, problem still persisting. I have a skeleton spawner AND an IG spawner directly touching the McMMo farm, but the level at which it was built at has no effect. This cannot be an island alone problem, as I have been in PvP often, and I never get sword, archery, or axes levels when I kill several people in that time (btw, I went from around 200 to 350 kills in this time frame; the option that I just didn't kill enough can't apply). If I had to guess, this issue would probably be somewhere deep in the McMMo plugin's files, so possibly a reinstallation of McMMo may be needed to fix, worst case scenario. I would save people's levels on file tho so those aren't lost ;)
    My only other theory is it would be linked to the island reset system; as in, when I transferred power, it screwed w/ the programming. I don't see this being the case, however, or more than a few people would have encountered this bug.
    Also, if you want a video file of the issue 1st hand, I can send u one through discord if you so wish. Just DM me. My username is _Diving_Maniac_#2415.
    Thank you for continuing to help me w/ this problem :D
    #HisActions_For_Admin

4. malatdu

malatdu Member

We'll look into this, but in the future please don't use Cosmic Client as we do not currently allow it.

5. _Diving_Maniac_

_Diving_Maniac_ Member

Ok
    Good to know.
    Although is there a certain reason that the Client isn't allowed? I'd just disable it if so, cuz it really helps my FPS

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
  6. HisActions

HisActions Manager Manager

I'd just use optifine if you're looking for an FPS boost.

7. _Diving_Maniac_

_Diving_Maniac_ Member

Any Updates on the issue?

8. _Diving_Maniac_

_Diving_Maniac_ Member

I know this might sound a little rude or desperate, but could this be a little more higher priority? I am at the point now where I need McMMo, and I can't get it :'(

9. ConstructorLeo

ConstructorLeo Managerator Manager

We apologize for the delay in finding out what is causing this bug. We are just so busy on other awesome updates! I'll try my best to take a proper look into this a bit later today.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. _Diving_Maniac_

_Diving_Maniac_ Member

Ty so much! I need this XD
    If it helps, HisActions thinks it is involved w/ the McMMo plugin itself

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  11. xXPxndaXx

xXPxndaXx New Member

_Diving_Maniac_ have you tried using someone else's mob grinder, or just yours?

12. _Diving_Maniac_

_Diving_Maniac_ Member

I don;t need to. I've been in pvp long enough that if I wasn't glitched, I would have gotten at least 5-10 archery levels
    I also use my axe and swords on them to, so...

13. _Diving_Maniac_

_Diving_Maniac_ Member

Any more updates on the issue?

14. RyanYT

RyanYT Member

any updates

15. Agent7384672

Agent7384672 Manager Manager

Unfortunately the issue with mcmmo on normal skyblock is related to mcmmo itself, and not something we can fix. Mcmmo does work on OP skyblock. Locking this thread as this information is not expected to change.

16. ConstructorLeo

ConstructorLeo Managerator Manager

We have reset McMMO on Skyblock, the issue was fixed.